Saturday, April 16, 2011

Updates

Okay, so for the past few weeks I've been a bit busy and I have been thinking about what to do next for this project, so far I have gotten a lot of experience and I have talked to quite a few professionals and interviewed them and gotten a lot of good info that I need to transfer onto my computer.

Another fun update is that I got a job at Sleepy Ridge Golf Course being a hostess for all their events! I had my first day yesterday hosting a wedding reception for a couple that was so cute! I had so much fun :) this is exactly what I want to do! Not to mention.. I get to golf for free now! Jealous much?!

Over the past few weeks I have been thinking of how to attack this whole research situation. I have been able to find a few things, but my main focus is the experience for this semester. I have been thinking that I will continue on with getting loads of experience along with some research here and there. I will be documenting what I learn about and the different ways Noah's and Sleepy Ridge do things. Then next semester I plan on bunkering down on the research part and still working at Sleepy Ridge and maybe Noah's as well. Who knows!

I think that its an okay idea, I might be kicking myself in the butt, but I think that writing down my experiences will be a part of my research.

2 comments:

  1. Kate,
    congratulations on the golfing job. And the experience you're gathering will be invaluable for the thesis and your future as well.

    Still, to pass this course, you'll need a thorough proposal that includes all the elements we've been talking about, including a good statement of the thesis, an annotated bibliography, a potential outline, and agreement from your two emphasis advisors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,

    I'll just reiterate what Scott said this time, both in regards to the congratulations and in regards to his second paragraph itemizing the final proposal requirements.

    ReplyDelete