I have spend too much time trying to find articles on event planning mishaps and horror stories. A Google search doesn't quite have what I'm looking for. I posted a couple links about tips on what not to do and events gone wrong stories. But that isn't good enough for me... I tired going into the school's library web page and searched in JSTOR there but the results weren't even close to what I am looking for. I want to find things that have gone wrong in other events planned, what I should avoid in my future events planned, what to look for in a company with well strained specialists, what kind of company would be embarrassing to event plan for, etc. Things like that.
What search engine on the UVU website should I use? What would be some good key phases to type in?
I've used:
-Event planning mishaps
-Events gone wrong
-What to look for in an event planning company
-Pros and cons of event planning
-Steps to take in event planning
-Things to avoid while planning an event
-Event planning horror stories
-What makes a great event planner - this one brings up a audio book about a woman that teaches you how to be a good event planner... I may end up purchasing it..
Kate,
ReplyDeleteI noticed that your links seem quite helpful. If you're having trouble finding any scholarship on event planning per se (which would not surprise me), an alternative that could be quite valuable would be to take the initiative and contact the experts. Contact event planners (by email, phone, their Facebook or website, whatever), both local and those mentioned in your links or other online sites. Tell them what you're doing for your senior thesis at UVU and what sort of information you're trying to gather. See what turns up. Keep excellent notes and post the results!
Kate,
ReplyDeleteThere is a lot of research available on event planning. Check out the following:
http://stedwards.libguides.com/content.php?pid=37278&sid=274523
International Journal of Event and Festival Management
International Journal of Hospitality Management
Events Feasibility and Development
Most of these best accessed through the library so you won't have to pay for articles.