This week I got in touch with an old friend of mine that I used to work with, we ate some lunch while I drilled her on her job. She is now the event planner for Sleepy Ridge Golf Course. I have some pretty detailed notes on the interview that I am not allowed to post (she said so..). After talking with her and discussing what it is like for her, being an event planner and she told me that if I wanted I can have an internship with her in the April! WOO! haha!! She told me that she would love my help and I am more than happy to intern for Sleepy Ridge and Noah's :) Oh yeah, its all comin' together!
I have seriously tried my very hardest to get my scanner to work. It hates me. I cannot scan in the pictures of my sister in law and my brother's wedding! But know that I am getting the pictures together in a nice portfolio, I am getting some pictures reprinted so they can be bigger too. I am still waiting for those to be done... Maybe Target was a bad place to get those reprinted....
Kate, this and the previous couple of posts indicate that you're making great progress of the most important kind.
ReplyDeleteAdditionally, STUDY the field even while you're gaining experience. And keep good notes of what you're learning. You can use them for the thesis and also later as an actual event planner.
Kate,
ReplyDeleteas Scott notes, the progress is terrific from the experiential end, but for the academic end (the capstone thesis as a document you submit and defend) we still need to see what you've learned about the field from reading, interviewing, and any other research methods. If you have been keeping detailed notes, post them. No one can get a thesis past a committee who simply says that they have accomplished their goals. This is the written record of the exact trajectory you have taken toward accomplishing those goals, including research, discoveries, experiences, breakthroughs and missteps.