I started working more on obtaining a vendors list and the kinds of things I would need to make this business work out. I talked with Spencer (in class) about his photography business and he is on the list. I know that I am going to need more than one photographer because of the different styles and availability. I got another friend on mine named Afton Huntly, who will be on the list. With the many different people that I would be helping there may be a need for a photo booth.
Funny Face Photo Booth has a wide variety of options to offer. For now, I will stick with three options. I'm pretty sure I will still need more later. I want to make it so if these people do an event through me they get discounts with the different vendors that I have. Before I pick more I want to be sure I can get discounts with these photographers.
I will write this on every project that involves business planning:
ReplyDeleteRead E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber. It is the book for small business entrepreneurs.
Also I am doing work for a company that does online construction management and I was thinking how the model could easily be applied to event planning. Ask me about it in class. This could be a good opportunity.
Focus on systems in your business plan not only your services. A business plan needs to show how good of a money machine the business will or will not be.
Hey Kate- I am currently in the wedding planning business myself and I just barely picked my photographer after swimming through a list of about 200 photographers I made off of google search. Having someone who already had a complete list with prices and discounts would have been really nice. :) But I was going to suggest when you are looking for photographers to add to your list, don't be afraid to go after the big guys, remember that everybody wants new clients and so if you can bring them new clients they should be happy to work with you, even if they just knock down $100 off of their packages. Also, I found that there are a LOT of photographers in Utah that are just getting started, you can't really find them through google, but if you just keep threading from blogspot, or various wedding blogs, these are the people who are desperately seeking for business because they aren't as well known or advertised, I'm sure they'd be very happy to be contacted by you. Best of luck.
ReplyDelete